- The average reader spends around 15 seconds reading the article they land on. In fact, 55% of people spend less than 15 seconds actively engaged on a page.
- Only 20% of readers will finish an article they started reading.
- The average visitor will only read 25% of an article.
- Readers spend about twice the time with long-form news content on their mobile phones as with short-form.
- 43% of people admit to skimming blog posts. (HubSpot, 2016)
“Content upgrades are all about making it easier for your reader to execute on your article’s strategies.” ~ James Scherer, Wishpond.com Go ahead and take a wild guess at the number of blog posts published every day. The answer is 2M. Yeh, 2 million blog posts are written and published every single day. Just to give you some context for the enormity of this figure, here are some mind-blowing statistics about content consumption in general: