Factors you should be considering when you look at a sales stackChoosing a CRM software for your business, that would help in connecting your teams, keep track of your sales, help you in managing your customer relationships and also provides you with clear and meaningful insights; it can be a complicated task when there are too many options available. However, there are many factors you should be considering when you look at a sales stack. Before diving into getting a CRM, you need to understand why you require a CRM for your business in the first place. It is important that you understand that a CRM is both related towards the approaches and the relation you should be keeping with your customer, as well as the software that you should employ to keep track of those customers. Having a CRM strategy that is used to the right kind of technology can be the most powerful tool in your hand. Before that, you need to determine why you would like to use a CRM.
- Is it to make your business and yourself more organized?
- Is it for the purpose of gaining powerful business insights?
- Is it for the purpose of achieving a history of contacts, leads and the conversations?
- Is it to make yourself more productive by scaling up your operations?
The need of insightsSince the CRM software is expanding exponentially, companies will need to know how to make use of the software to their benefit and how to achieve the ROI much more quickly. Many of the companies repeat the same mistakes when implementing a CRM solution. This leads towards the need of insights for the businesses for mastering the Sales Stack in an efficient manner. Certain pitfalls should be kept in mind when you are choosing a CRM solution and the ways to avoid such issues. The type of insights that you can get from your CRM software is just as good as the data that you put in it. To make sure that the friction of the people, process, and the system is minimized, a CRM that helps in promoting user adoption should be acquired.
- Bottom-up approach, providing the team with only the things they need
- Unnatural processes should be avoided
- CRM with a great UX and easy to use
As a sales person or a manager, you should think about the metrics that you wish to see, and you should also make sure that your Sales platform provides you with such insights:
- Incoming Deals Volume Report This report is a breakdown of numbers that shows the deals registered over a period and the percentage of the total deals you secured
- Sales Forecasting This report mentions the total value of the deals available in the pipeline and the amount that your business can bring in.
- Sales Revenue Goals This helps in the setting and monitoring of individual and team revenue goals that are set with each passing
- Won Leads/Deals The number of Leads/Deals won mentioned that are won by a team or member over any period with conversions.
- Sales Funnel Analysis This report tells the standpoint of the team at all the points in the pipeline and what your business can gain or lose.