- Make sure you have the ability to identify a great opportunity before anyone else can
- Understand the SaaS metrics
Identify a Great Opportunity before Anyone ElseGetting to know how to accomplish this can be difficult, but it isn’t that difficult if you know what you are looking for. To know whether a SaaS company can rocket under your leadership or not, is by having some strong answers for the following questions.
- Does the company have an ARR between $1 million and $5 million?
- Is the average ACV greater than $3,000 and less than $10,000?
- Is the Churn less than 30%?
- Product Market Fit: The Product Market Fit should be kept 100% contingent to the answers of the above three questions.
- Are there any profits pouring in?
- Do they have a strong product team?
- No leads
- Bad Website
Understand the SaaS MetricsOnce the criterion has been determined based on the questioned mentioned above, and then your next goal is to aim for the position of the VP of Sales.
Therefore, there are only two goals left for you:
- Master the SaaS Metric
- Determine how you can show it
There are a few key metrics that you should stick to for the purpose of getting a better chance to be a VP of sales.
- Monthly Recurring Revenue
- Cost Per Acquisition
- Average Revenue per Customer