When most people think of the average Customer Support experience, something like this comes to mind:Well, a bad experience at least. Whereas we tend to think of account managers as usually distant people whose only care is to close deals or satisfy high-profile clients As opposed to Customer Support and Account Management, Customer Success is a proactive approach to customer relationship management. Instead of waiting to respond to customer problems—in the case of customer support, or waiting to solve client’s conflicts—as account managers do, customer success is about anticipating the customer’s current and future needs. Lincoln Murphy, SaaS expert, of sixteenventures.com defines Customer Success as:
“Customer Success is when your customers achieve their Desired Outcome through their interactions with your company.”By making sure that customers reach whatever outcome they desire from your products or services, you:
- Lower Churn.
- Increase Upsells.
- Increase Customer retention.
- Increase Customer advocacy.
- Customers are successful implementing the product.
- Customers understand how to use the product.
- Customers receive excellent support.
- Customers are engaged to share their feedback.
- Customers are interested in continued use of the product.
- Customers are interested in acquiring new product features.