Top reasons why leads get lostFinding quality leads is difficult, losing them is easy! Leads go cold and sales are lost for a variety of reasons:
- First response is too slow
- Landing pages are too slow or not mobile compatible
- Not filtering leads properly – sending generic information
- No lead-scoring strategy in place
- Wasting time on the wrong leads
- Not understanding the leads needs
- Bombarding your lead with the wrong questions/information
- Not keeping your promises – follow up calls, emails, or requests for information, etc.
- Allotting too much or too little time for lead conversion
- Poorly trained sales staff
Losing leads is not only a sales problemLost sales opportunities might not be the fault of the salesperson alone. Leads may have been badly targeted and sourced by external means; either from in-house marketing teams or outside contractors.
- The content promised from search engine results may not match the actual content provided. This can affect your company’s trust rating.
- The targeted landing page may be slow to load, or may not be optimized for mobile users.
- Presenting the wrong information at the wrong stage of the pipeline – for example: offering product demonstration videos during first-contact.
- Not marketing present relevant information where the lead regularly frequents – using Instagram instead of LinkedIn, or vice-versa.
- The lead’s interaction with your company on Social Media goes unresponded.
- There are no visible endorsements from satisfied customers.
- Landing page forms are too long and too complicated or ask the wrong questions.