In this comprehensive article, you’ll discover how integrating Mailchimp, a widely-used email marketing platform, with various CRM (Customer Relationship Management) systems can streamline your marketing efforts and enhance your decision-making process. You will learn how this integration can help with segmenting potential customers, personalizing email messages, analyzing marketing data, managing subscribers, and generating custom reports, all to increase your marketing success.
- CRM integration with Mailchimp enables targeted email marketing strategies by segmenting potential and existing customers in your CRM.
- CRM data can be used to personalize email messages, enhancing the overall customer experience.
- Analytical tools provided by CRM integrations offer valuable insights into patterns and trends in email data, aiding in more informed marketing decisions.
- Integrating CRMs with Mailchimp makes managing subscribers and unsubscribers more manageable and efficient.
- CRM systems like Teamgate, Pipedrive, and SugarCRM offer different levels of integration with Mailchimp, with each offering unique features and pricing options.
Table of Contents
Read more: 8 of the Best Sales CRM Software Programs
The Benefits of CRM Integrations for Mailchimp
Mailchimp is a service that specializes in marketing automation and email marketing. This comprehensive platform lets you communicate with prospects, leads, and existing customers to promote products and services via email.
Mailchimp says on its website:
“Our approach to marketing focuses on healthy contact management practices, beautifully designed campaigns, and powerful data analysis. We’re here to help you become an expert marketer. Ready to get started?”
Many marketers think Mailchimp is merely a web-based application that works in internet browsers. However, you can now integrate this platform with various CRMs, including Teamgate. That lets you centralize your customer relationship management and email marketing practices.
There are various things you can do when using Mailchimp CRM integrations:
- Segment potential and existing customers in your CRM and send them targeted email marketing messages.
- Use the information in your CRM to personalize email messages to customers.
- Design, send, and save email templates based on CRM information.
- Use analytical tools in your CRM to identify patterns and trends in email data and use these insights for better marketing decision-making.
- Use Mailchimp’s analytical tools to view open, click-through, conversations, and success rates for email campaigns.
- CRM integration with Mailchimp also lets you manage subscribers and unsubscribers.
- Generate custom reports based on CRM and Mailchimp information and become more successful at email marketing.
Integrating your CRM with Mailchimp can be a long, laborious process that involves complex code and data engineering—skills your business might lack. The best CRM for Mailchimp will have out-of-the-box no-code/low-code connectors and a simple drag-and-drop, point-and-click interface that makes integration easy. You won’t need to build data pipelines or enlist the services of a data engineer, saving you time and money.
Note: To confuse things, Mailchimp now contains some CRM functionality of its own. (It has evolved from a simple email marketing tool to all-encompassing marketing automation and email marketing service platform.) However, in Teamgate’s opinion, no successful business in the SaaS industry should rely on Mailchimp for customer relationship management as there are far better tools that achieve this goal. At the most, Mailchimp aggregates and organizes customer information like phone numbers, physical addresses, and email addresses. A growing enterprise couldn’t count on Mailchimp for identifying and nurturing leads from customer account information in a busy call center, for example. You could use Mailchimp as a CRM if you have a very, very small business with a couple of hundred customers, but that’s about it. CRM integration with Mailchimp is better suited to an actual CRM system!
Learn more about the best CRM for Mailchimp below:
1. Best CRM for Mailchimp: Teamgate
Teamgate is, hands down, the best CRM for Mailchimp overall. It lets you send personalized, targeted email marketing messages to prospective and existing customers in the Teamgate CRM system with a few clicks of a mouse. That streamlines workflows and boosts productivity. For Teamgate-Mailchimp integration to happen:
- Export contact information from Teamgate lists.
- Define your segmentation criteria.
- Click on the Mailchimp icon at the top of lists.
- Export the contacts into Mailchimp.
This simple four-step process lets you use customer contact information for more effective email marketing outcomes.
Another use case for Teamgate-Mailchimp integration is the ability to merge custom fields in Teamgate with fields in Mailchimp. You can do this by clicking “Create a new field” under “Mailchimp” fields on the Mailchimp integration page on Teamgate. This process lets you quickly merge Teamgate and Mailchimp custom fields for current and future email marketing campaigns.
Sometimes a CRM makes it difficult to transfer records between that CRM and Mailchimp. Pipedrive, for example—the next entry on this Best CRM for Mailchimp list—requires a lengthy sync process that many small businesses in the SaaS sector might not understand. Teamgate is different. It simplifies record transfers and even sends you an email confirmation every time you move records between its CRM and Mailchimp. There’s no guesswork.
Also, Teamgate assigns all exported contacts a tag, allowing you to filter those contacts when required. If there’s a problem with transferring records, any error information will show up on the Export History page in Teamgate (in the Data Migration sections in Settings). Teamgate will also assign a tag to these failed-to-transfer contacts, making it easier to find this information. Merging a CRM with Mailchimp has never been this easy!
Learn more information about Teamgate and Mailchimp CRM integrations here.
Teamgate CRM Integration With Mailchimp Key Features
- Segment and filter customers by Mailchimp campaign.
- View the read, clicked, and unsubscribed status of each lead/customer from within the Teamgate lead/customer contact page.
- See which Mailchimp campaigns have been sent to which leads and customers within Teamgate through automatically applied, custom tags – removing workflow complexities.
- Automatically dial potential and existing customers.
- It’s not just Mailchimp. Teamgate integrates with numerous digital tools for better marketing results in your enterprise. You can select which integrations display in your Teamgate workspace and access information from multiple platforms on one monitor.
- Support email marketing with in-depth lead conversion insights about prospects with Teamgate’s suite of sales intelligence tools. These tools personalize your marketing objectives and help you qualify leads against your ideal customer profile (ICP).
- Manage leads for Mailchimp campaigns with specialized sales and performance tools that monitor organizational performance. You can quickly discover which email marketing methods work (and which don’t) via a simple drag-and-drop, point-and-click user interface. That empowers sales teams to prioritize marketing efforts.
- Teamgate’s in-depth insights, sales dashboards, and analytical tools supplement Mailchimp marketing campaigns. Track and obtain real-time data about departmental performance. Also, use key metrics to increase sales pipelines and growth, streamline lead management, and improve overall account management in your growing organization.
- You don’t need to integrate Teamgate with Mailchimp for improved email marketing. This CRM has its own in-built email marketing features that work with various email service providers, helping you connect with potential and existing customers.
Teamgate Pricing for Mailchimp CRM Integrations
Teamgate pricing plans start from just $9 per month per user (billed annually), making this platform an affordable choice for your organization. The Professional plan, which costs $26 per user per month, includes one integration (in this case, presumably Mailchimp.) You can also use the Mailchimp CRM integration (and other unlimited integrations) in Teamgate’s Enterprise plan, which only costs $65 per user per month.
All these reasons and more make Teamgate the best CRM for Mailchimp!
Pipedrive is arguably more well-known than Teamgate as a CRM. However, that doesn’t mean it’s a better fit for companies wanting to combine customer relationship management with email marketing. That’s because CRM integration with Mailchimp isn’t as extensive as on Teamgate. You won’t receive emails after encountering Mailchimp transfer errors, for example. Plus, setting up the transfer process is far more complicated than on Teamgate, making the latter a better fit for smaller SaaS businesses with limited resources.
That’s not to say Pipedrive is useless for CRM integration with Mailchimp. Far from it. This CRM has an easy-to-use interface that almost anyone can understand quickly, and the integration process is pretty simple.
Pipeline says on its website about its Mailchimp CRM integrations:
“Nearly half of our customers liked our simple yet powerful approach so much, they switched from an existing CRM tool. The other half? Well, they didn’t even know they needed Pipedrive until they tried it.”
Pipedrive CRM Integration With Mailchimp Key Features
- Handle basic customer relationship management and Mailchimp email marketing tasks from a single platform.
- Like Teamgate, Pipedrive lets you filter and segment Mailchimp campaigns based on customer data. That helps you create more segmented campaigns that target specific customers based on location, shared characteristics, purchasing habits, and other factors. While Teamgate remains the best CRM for Mailchimp, Pipedrive can still achieve some successful marketing outcomes in your organization.
- Send personalized emails to customers based on information in Pipedrive. Deliver emails with customers’ names and locations, for example.
- As previously mentioned, Pipedrive-Mailchimp integration is pretty easy. Just click on the Mailchimp button within Pipedrive to export contacts. Pipedrive has a video on its website that explains the integration process really well, making this task simple for SaaS businesses of all sizes.
Pipedrive Pricing for Mailchimp CRM Integrations
Pipedrive’s cheapest plan costs $14.90 per user per month (billed annually), making it more expensive than Teamgate. However, it’s unclear whether this tier allows for CRM integration with Mailchimp or whether users will need to upgrade to one of the more expensive pricing models, ranging from $24.90-$99 per user per month (billed annually).
Read more: The 6 Biggest Benefits of CRMs
SugarCRM is a beast of a CRM system, boasting features that benefit SaaS businesses of all sizes. It actually has its own marketing automation tool, which might make integrating the product with Mailchimp an unnecessary task. However, if you are already familiar with Mailchimp’s features and interface, you might want to give integration a shot.
It’s important to note that SugarCRM itself doesn’t offer any Mailchimp CRM integrations, unlike Teamgate and Pipeline. However, many users achieve successful integration with Mailchimp’s connector or a third-party product.
Mailchimp says about this integration:
“With powerhouse platforms like SugarCRM and MailChimp, businesses can produce timely, hyper-relevant campaigns to grow sales and drive more revenue.”
Note: Using a third-party tool for SugarCRM-MailChimp integration can open up a can of worms, especially if that tool is open source. That’s because developers might not update or secure their connectors, increasing the chances of a data breach. You might also fail to adhere to data governance frameworks such as GDPR when transferring data from Sugar to Mailchimp. Non-compliance with these frameworks might result in expensive government penalties your business can’t afford.
SugarCRM: CRM Integration With Mailchimp Key Features
- Remove data silos by integrating SugarCRM with Mailchimp. Connect customer relationship management and email marketing automation workflows and use customer information to drive email marketing results.
- Updating customer information in SugarCRM automatically updates that same information in Mailchimp. Updating campaign management information in Mailchimp automatically updates that same information in SugarCRM.
- No need to manually export data from Sugar to Mailchimp. The latter’s connector (or a third-party tool) will do all the hard work for you.
SugarCRM: Pricing for Mailchimp CRM Integrations
To benefit from all of SugarCRM’s features, you’ll need to opt for the platform’s Marketing Mavericks tier, which costs $1,000 per month for 10,000 contracts. Whether this works out cheaper or more expensive than Teamgate or Pipeline depends on the scope of your business. SugarCRM doesn’t have a “per-user per-month” pricing model, making it difficult to compare to the other two products on this best CRM for Mailchimp list.
If you’re looking for an open-source (free!) CRM with Mailchimp CRM integrations, look no further than SuiteCRM. This popular system integrates with Mailchimp, allowing you to optimize email campaigns while aggregating data for customer relationship management. Like SugarCRM, there are no in-built CRM integrations for Mailchimp. Again, you’ll need to combine the two platforms through Mailchimp or via a third-party connector. The latter, of course, increases the risk of data breaches and data governance non-compliance.
Mailchimp says about its SuiteCRM connector:
“See up-to-date campaign and subscriber information within CRM and segment in MC based on CRM data using the SuiteCRM and Mailchimp Integration.”
SuiteCRM: CRM Integration With Mailchimp Key Features
- View email campaign activity such as open, click, and bounce rates directly in SuiteCRM. Now team members don’t need to waste time switching between a CRM and Mailchimp!
- Schedule customer record transfers from SuiteCRM to Mailchimp at a frequency that suits your SaaS business needs and data infrastructure capabilities (or limitations!).
- CRM integration with Mailchimp lets you add and remove Mailchimp lists and campaigns from SuiteCRM with a few clicks of a mouse.
SuiteCRM: Pricing for Mailchimp CRM Integrations
You won’t need to review different pricing tiers and weigh up the costs of each on SuiteCRM, which remains 100 percent open source and completely free to use. Of course, you’ll still need a subscription to Mailchimp to combine the two platforms. Because it’s open source, don’t expect advanced CRM functionality on SuiteCRM like you would find on Teamgate, SugarCRM, or HubSpot—the next entry on this best CRM for Mailchimp list. In Teamgate’s opinion, an open-source CRM can never replace a paid-for one, especially for user support, documentation, customization, data privacy, data security, data governance, and service level agreements (SLAs).
5. HubSpot CRM
Still looking for the best CRM for Mailchimp? HubSpot is one of the most popular CRM systems in the world, used by many Fortune 500 companies. It offers an incredible range of features for customer relationship management, enabling its users to aggregate, organize, share, process, and analyze customer information for sales, marketing, customer service, and business growth. But how do HubSpot’s Mailchimp CRM integrations compare with those of other systems on this list? How does HubSpot CRM integration with Mailchimp benefit your business?
HubSpot CRM probably sits somewhere between Pipedrive—which offers the most basic capabilities for CRM integration with Mailchimp—and Teamgate, which offers the most extensive Mailchimp features. HubSpot also has a free pricing tier—something that Teamgate and Pipedrive lack. (However, you’ll need to upgrade to a paid plan to integrate HubSpot CRM with Mailchimp.)
Note: HubSpot has two Mailchimp CRM integrations, which can confuse its users. The first, Mailchimp HubSpot integration, syncs CRM contacts with Mailchimp and logs email campaign activity, such as open, send, click, and bounce rates. The second, Data Sync, doesn’t specifically cater to Mailchimp but enables users to sync customer lists on HubSpot CRM with the email marketing application. However, it doesn’t log email campaign activity.
HubSpot CRM Integration With Mailchimp Key Features
- As previously mentioned, HubSpot Mailchimp integration (the first HubSpot CRM integration for Mailchimp) tracks email campaign activity, making it a worthwhile tool if your business wants to improve the effectiveness of its marketing messages. You can view this activity—clicks, for example—directly in HubSpot, which reduces screen-switching for team members. As a result, HubSpot CRM integration with Mailchimp lets teams focus on sales instead of navigating CRM and email marketing tools.
- HubSpot CRM integration also monitors any sync errors when transferring data from HubSpot to Mailchimp. (Pipedrive doesn’t do this at all.) If customer records fail to transfer over to Mailchimp, you can take quick action and not jeopardize imminent email marketing campaigns.
- Both HubSpot CRM integration and Data Sync effortlessly sync CRM data with Mailchimp through pop-up forms. You can sync all kinds of data, including contacts and timelines (HubSpot) and list members, email sent dates, email opened dates, email clicked dates, and email bounce dates (Mailchimp).
HubSpot CRM Pricing for Mailchimp CRM Integrations
There’s the aforementioned free tier on HubSpot, but that pricing model won’t let you integrate this CRM with Mailchimp. For that objective, talk to HubSpot to get a personalized quote about your CRM integration needs. (HubSpot has a complicated pricing system with several tiers/features.) It’s also important to note that HubSpot has a usage pricing model, meaning it works out more expensive for lots of contacts. Depending on your requirements, HubSpot could be one of the most expensive platforms on this best CRM for Mailchimp list.
Why Teamgate Is the Best CRM for Mailchimp!
While the other CRMs listed above integrate with Mailchimp, only Teamgate helps you fully realize your email marketing goals. Successfully combine your customer relationship management and email marketing goals in one system and make communicating with and sending highly-targeted email marketing messages to prospective and existing customers easier. With segmentation through custom tags and fields, you can easily export your CRM contacts. Automatically allocated tags for each Mailchimp export and campaign makes performance tracking and filtering a breeze. Additionally, filter down on the status of each campaign for specific individuals by viewing open rates, click rates, and unsubscribe statuses from within your Teamgate CRM contact area.
Other reasons why Teamgate is the best CRM for Mailchimp include its simple drag-and-drop, point-and-click interface, out-of-the-box no-code Mailchimp connector, and affordable per-user per-month pricing. You can benefit from Teamgate’s Mailchimp CRM integrations by signing up for a Professional or Enterprise plan.
If you still want more information, why not contact Teamgate for a product demo?
Teamgate currently offers a 14-day free trial, which includes full functionality and integrations. Claim your trial and learn why this platform is, hands down, the best CRM for Mailchimp!